Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:15, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
<alexander@schmehl.info> wrote:

> Anyone from the games team willing to contribute a paragraph?

---
Additions to Debian's games since the release of etch include
Sauerbraten 20080620, a fast-paced first-person shooter, hex-a-hop
20070315, a puzzle game, fretsonfire 1.2.512, a Guitar Hero clone,
UltraStar-ng (called Performous since 0.3.0) 0.2.1, a SingStar clone
and teeworlds 0.4.2, a mixture of quake and Super Mario.
Most notable is goplay, a graphical games browser by Miriam Ruiz
offering filters, search, screenshots, descriptions, and Enrico
Zini's Debtags.
---

Please note that the selection of games is obviousy biased (we are
talking games, after all). Also, I am not sure if name-dropping is OK or
not. Remove Miry's and Enrico's names in case it's not.
If there are concerns about using the trademarks of closed-source
apps, Super Mario can be replaced with Supertux. Not much we can do
about Guitar Hero and SingStar, though.

Any thoughts from the others?

Richard