Re: DPN with Ikiwiki

also sprach Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [2009.02.07.2105 +0100]:
> Since the Debian websites are maintained in webwml, that's the
> ultimate format we need to end. Currently the issues are converted
> from moin syntax to webwml manually with vim and search and
> replace.
>
> I had hoped, that ikiwiki could maintain the issues directly in
> webwml and save the conversion step, but I haven't seen how that's
> possible, yet.

I don't think it is possible. Ikiwiki uses its own format (markdown)
before it renders to HTML. It /might/ be possible to write an
exporter, but it seems to me that it would be easier to just scrape
http://dpn.debian.net/issues/200802/ and convert it. Is there much
conversion required anyway? All you need is in the <div
id="content"> div, and it's fairly trivial HTML.

> Currently the translators of the DPN use cvs and alioth and
> I wonder if it would be possible to integrate them into the same
> ikiwiki instance?

I think this would be doable, either with explicit workflow
extensions, or with the linguas or po plugins:
  http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/linguas/
  http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/po/

I don't have any experience with them (yet), and little time, but
I'd be happy to give access to the ikiwiki instance to people who
want to play around with it. Drop me your SSH identity in a signed
email and you're in.

> Currently last point on my list would be, if ikiwiki may be run on
> alioth (it's installed there, so yes) and use the user passwords there?
>  I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't want to have yet an other
> password ;)

Surely it can be run on alioth, I am not sure about the password
integration though, but I asked some people.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        -- john lennon