Re: Package Ecofont for next release!

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Daniel Aleksandersen
<aleksandersen+debian@runbox.com> wrote:

> Just an idea I got after reading about Ecofont on GuardrianUnlimited earlier today. As a nice little publicity nicety, Debian could be the first distribution to ship with this new environmental friendly and printing cost reducing font.

Too late to add new packages to lenny, it is in deep freeze.

> Learn more about the Ecofont at http://www.ecofont.eu/ecofont_en.html
>
> The font is licensed under GPL.

I heard (in Freenode ##fonts) it was derived from DejaVu, which would
make this an illegal relicensing. I also heard that it is GPL +
restrictions, which would make it non-distributable even if the
relicensing was legit.

Please read http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

--
bye,