Re: DebianWiki: Draft of a new frontpage [RFC]

Le November 25, 2008 06:48:44 pm Frank Lin PIAT, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have drafted a new(1)[2] front page for the wiki. My main purposes
> were to:
> - Get more people to contribute to Debian (at large).
> - Get visitors to use the search engine, rather than click on links.
> - Frontpage should reflect the content of the wiki (humm...).
> - Show that Debian is active/successful.
>
> I tend to think that a frontpage without a sidebar isn't efficient for
> navigation (and it's a waste of space)... So I had to twist moinmoin a
> little bit to achieve that (the stuff at the bottom of the page will be
> moved somewhere else later).
>
> The page isn't finished yet, but I would like to get some feedback from
> you.
>
> Thanks in advance for you feedback and contribution.

Where is the news in DebianInstaller/Xen? These items don't look like news.
They may be new documents. Showing that Debian is active is a noble
objective, but I don't think the current list achieves that.

The Wiki News bore me. Maybe eventually, more content could change that.

I don't know if pages needing contribution is pertinent with the current list.

The page layout (left column) looks good.