Debian Partners in action in Brasil: progress at Serpro
The SERPRO partnership advanced a bit yesterday.
I presented Debian Project and Debian distro at a
country wide videoconference for the staff of one
of the departments involved at the migration efforts.
As staff people, the long presentation and questions
took a different approach.
Some doubts still persist among them and I ask for
more detailed info beyond the initial answers
I told then:
- Expected release date for Lenny.
- How test/guarantee today high end hardware (SAN, blades
, etc) work fully with Lenny? Are there regression tests?
- How help Debian at this task of high end hw drivers?
- How much time takes a security patch to be issued?
- Are there regression tests to allow distro consistency of a
security fix backport to a VERY old version of a sw,
already outside of security team action scope? (Lets say, a
Pg 6.x on Lenny, unmaintained even at upstream. Please, do
not discuss the merit of this approach, as it is _their_ IT mgmt
problem to solve.) How release team verify distro consistency?
Could it be reproduced in house? Is a repackaging enough?
Andre Felipe Machado