doubts about Lenny and available QA tools and security team
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: doubts about Lenny and available QA tools and security team
- From: Andre Felipe Machado <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:30:02 -0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <95a2e0ecb74337a9305a692f8a05ed47@localhost>
- References: <95a2e0ecb74337a9305a692f8a05ed47@localhost>
Please do you have answers, or urls pointing to answers to the following
> - Expected release date for Lenny.
> - How test/guarantee today high end hardware (SAN, blades
> , etc) work fully with Lenny? Are there regression tests?
> - How help Debian at this task of high end hw drivers?
> - How much time takes a security patch to be issued?
> - Are there regression tests to allow distro consistency of a
> security fix backport to a VERY old version of a sw,
> already outside of security team action scope? (Lets say, a
> Pg 6.x on Lenny, unmaintained even at upstream. Please, do
> not discuss the merit of this approach, as it is _their_ IT mgmt
> problem to solve.) How release team verify distro consistency?
> Could it be reproduced in house? Is a repackaging enough?
Andre Felipe Machado