Re: debian publicity team / draft area / guidelines

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 01:04:27PM -0300, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
> [2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/DebianTimesTeam/Guidelines

Again, while wikis are great for editing, they are not so great for
attracting people to actually look at the pages, unless they are
subscribed.

So it would've been niced if you had posted the draft Guidelines here
and welcomed edits here or on the wiki, or both.

> The intended audience of Debian Times press releases are journalists.
> By extent, the potential users and potential developers.

Well, I disagree, but we had this discussion already.

> Structure

I don't get that paragraph, this looks like guidelines for "Debian
Success Stories", some rather narrow topic when considering DebianTimes
in general. At this point, it might make more sense to define what kind
of news items are appropriate, and which are not.

For example,

 * Are a summary of some debian-devel-announce mailings
   appropriate?
 * Are announcements about Debian involvement at some
   conferences/gatherings appropriate?
 * Summaries/quotes of/from interviews with the DPL/other well-known
   Debian people.
 * Announcements about important releases, like d-i betas or stable
   updates
 * What else?

> Workflow

> The proposed text must take into account that Debian Times uses html
> like markup.

> The proposed texts should be submitted for colective edition at the
> Debian Times team draft area, listed by an unique name based on PR
> draft title.

You should link to that wiki page here.

> An email should be issued at debian-publicity mailing list containing
> a link to it, the closing date and hour.

Again, I /stronlgy/ suggest to send the full draft initially to the
debian-publicity list, and welcome edits on the wiki or on-list.

> Contributions MUST include a descriptive comment.

Are you talking about wiki edit commit messages here?  I'm not sure what
this is about.

Also, some workflow on how to delay the announcement should be
considered, for example when some people object to the draft as being
on-topic for times.d.n etc.

Thanks for working on this,

Michael