Re: Let's resurrect Debian Weekly News

Hello,

thank you Alexander for your effort to resurrect DWN.

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> 1: Neither http://times.debian.net/ nor the recently started Developer
> News are a full replacement of the good old DWN; the first has technical
> problems and isn't reporting "the small things" the later is targeting a
> different audience.

However, I really believe that DWN is a superset of the "Misc development
news" that I've been posting.

And as such, you should probably reintegrate its content. You might want
to reformulate the content sometimes to suit a wider audience, but in
general it's important to many of our users to have a view of what's
happening on the developer side.

Martin Zobel Helas approached me recently to see if we shouldn't post the
developer news to -news. I said yes in theory at least, but as you mention
the primary target is developers and as such -devel-announce is the right
list. We only require DD to read -devel-announce and so I can't really
count on DD reading debian-news. But having its content relayed on -news
too seems like a good idea.

Your mail doesn't tell us how you will handle the redaction of DWN. Will
you use some VCS? or the wiki like I did for DeveloperNews? Do you intend
to publish it on the website again? etc...

I think we should aim to a more lightweight process than the previous one.
But it's up to the people doing the work as usual. :)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog