Re: Draft for an announce about debian-community.org

Debian-community, a community for debian users !

Created and set up on 22 January 2007 by a Debian Developer[0], debian-community.org[1] is a website whose purpose is to promote the Debian[2]
distribution by providing various services.

Here are the available services :

- A FAQ for Etch is also available[3], currently with only a few questions and their reponse(s). The FAQ waits for your help to make it more
useful!

- D-c (=Debian-community) makes available different planets (which are not official) for many languages.  Currently there are three planets on
debian-community: one in Italian, one in English, and one in German. If you would like to add new planets, your asking can be set up via the
mailing-list. There are also the official Debian planets, a list of which is available here[4].

- A mailing list[5] provided by alioth for discussions is also available.

- An IRC channel is also available on #debian-community at irc.debian.org.

- Provide project promotion[6].

Many people have had valuable ideas on how to improve the debian-community website and services :

- Make debian-community t-shirts for contributors.

- Provide a jabber and mail service for every contributor.

- We have created a page[7] to thank contributors. Don't forget to add yourself to it! You can also watch videos of two presentations about
debian-community in at DebConf7 in high quality[8] and in low quality[9], and at FOSDEM 2007 in high quality[10] and in low quality[11]. Your contributions are welcome, and there is a TodoList[12] available with some ideas of things you can assist with.

[0] : http://layer-acht.org
[1] : http://debian-community.org
[2] : http://debian.org
[3] : http://debian-community.org/etchfaq/