Review: A Windows user living on the Etch

Don Crowder describes [0] his experience of exploring the Debian GNU /
Linux 4.0 Etch.
His wife, Lisa, is even teaching a new computer user friend using Debian
GNU / Linux 4.0 Etch.
At this new environment, some doubts were likely and expected, as
multimedia features [1], but he described the Debian community as 100%
helpful people, going long way in order to help him.
"That may be my favorite thing about Linux users as a group; I don’t
believe I’ve ever encountered a more helpful, friendly group of people.
I’ve seen comments from people who’ve had negative encounters but my own
experiences have been 100% positive."

Respectfully pointing new users to good tutorials, list archives [4],
docs [2] and Debian Wiki [3], helping them to learn how to find good
solutions by themselves, and answering those questions not in write yet
is a good way to a healthy and growing community.

[0]
http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/eldergeek/2007/06/20/slowly-closing-old-windows-living-on-the-etch
[1] http://www.debiantutorials.org/content/view/161/211/
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/