Re: draft of the release announcement; please review

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:34:29PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
>Hi!
>
>You might have noticed some activity on some lists pointing out, that it
>might a good idea to prepare a special announcement.
>
>A draft is available at http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/release.txt
>and will updated with reflicting your reviews comments and patches to
>correct my germish as my time permits it (remember me to set up an svn
>(?) repo for that kind of stuff).

The sentence

"Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which supports a total of
eleven processor architectures, includes KDE, GNOME and Xfce desktop
environments, features cryptographic software, is Compatible with the
FHS v2.3, and supports software developed for the version 3.1 of the
LSB."

is a little ugly - it runs on too much
s/Compatible/compatible/
s/the version 3.1/version 3.1/

My suggested replacement:

"Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which supports a total of
eleven processor architectures and includes the KDE, GNOME and Xfce
desktop environments. It also features cryptographic software and
compatibility with the FHS v2.3 and software developed for version 3.1
of the LSB."

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.