Re: Linden Lab (Second Life) using Debian

Yo,

I guess I owe you an apology, and thanks for taking care of it now.

On Saturday 24 March 2007 13:19, MJ Ray wrote:
> 1. You're asking people to do work;

Yep.  I did some work, too, and I don't have permission to do the rest of
it.

> 2. I'm damned busy and I only got commit access to work on mirrors,
> really;

I didn't ask you personally, did I.

> 3. Anything mentioning Second Life is *very* likely to get tagged as
> spam - I assume that's what happened to your original message;

Possible.

> 4. You did not send anything resembling a valid patch, so I don't
> think you should get commit access yet because you haven't read
> the fine manuals;

Offering a patch doesn't always make a difference to the web team,
apparently - #325698 is open for 1y207d without one single comment.

> 5. I've added lindenlab.wml to the web sources;

Thanks.

> 6. I don't think this makes anyone look bad besides you, if you
> gave Linden Lab the impression you could deliver more than you can.

Possibly.  I assumed submissions for Debian users would be processed faster
than they are, apparently.

cheers
-- vbi