Re: Draft for press announcement "Debian 4.0 frozen"

On 12/13/06, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@gmx.de> wrote:
Maybe a press release about the freeze is a really good idea and
motivates the developers for their good work, and to keep it running to
try at least to be as less late as possible...

I'm not really opposed to it, I just don't see it as really all that necessary.

As you mentioned it may be good to boost morale, get users a bit
excited, etc. and it would also be good to inform d-a subscribers
about our development process a bit. (we can explain what the freeze
actually *is*.)

It may also remind the www team to update the etch pages - I had to
file a bug to get sarge marked as frozen with security support.
--
Andrew Donnellan
-- Email - ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)