Subject: DebConf6 DVDs available
Date: Saturday 21 October 2006 21:26
From: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org, debconf-announce@lists.debconf.org

On behalf of the DebConf6 video team[1] I'm proud to announce the
DebConf6 DVDs!

[1]
 http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/CREDITS

They include all formal sessions from Debian Day and DebConf, plus the
group photos, the video team BoF, and some documentary videos made by
Gabriella Coleman.  They are divided into
- 2 discs with all English sessions, DebConf sessions, and extras[2],[3]
- 1 disc with all Spanish sessions and all Debian Day sessions[4]
(there is a small overlap between these).

[2] http://womble.decadent.org.uk/software/debconf6-dvd/menus/en-1/main.html
[3] http://womble.decadent.org.uk/software/debconf6-dvd/menus/en-2/main.html
[4] http://womble.decadent.org.uk/software/debconf6-dvd/menus/es/main.html

The DVD images[5] are now available for download along with the source
videos, as are the software and menu design[6] used for them.  You can
also order DVDs to be shipped to you in a nice box[7].

[5] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/
[6] http://womble.decadent.org.uk/software/debconf6-dvd/
[7] http://www.decadent.org.uk/cgi-bin/debconf-dvd-order.py

Many thanks to the sponsors, organisers and other people[8] who made
DebConf6 a fun and productive event to be remembered.

[8]
 http://womble.decadent.org.uk/software/debconf6-dvd/menus/en-1/credits.html

See you at DebConf7 in Edinbourgh - or maybe DebConf8[9] in your town!

[9] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20060920.121711.48c71d08.en.html

Finally, I apologise for the delay in producing these discs.  We ran
into a number of technical problems along the way but it's primarily a
result of discouragement and procrastination on my part.  However I
believe that the VideoLink software is now sufficiently reliable and
that next year's DVDs need not be so dependent on me.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings -- ben@decadentplace.org.uk shortened to ben@decadent.org.uk
If you've signed my GPG key, please send a signature on and to the new uid.