Re: Press Anouncement preparation for Sarge r3

also sprach Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006.08.31.1926 +0200]:
> > Also, consider "1 September 2006" instead, which seems to be more,
> > uh, international. :)
>
> Rejected.

> GNU/Linux 3.1 but only updates some of the packages included.  There is no
> need to throw away 3.1 CDs.  Instead you only need to update against
> ftp.debian.org or a mirror after an installation, in order to incorporate

I don't think you update against mirrors... you sync with, you
compare against, you run against, you change with.

> > > Upgrading to this revision online is usually done by pointing the
> >
> > s/online/on network-connected machines/
>
> Rejected.

Any reason? It's not like "online" is an overloaded word that is
IMHO to be avoided.

> > > This revision adds the following security updates to the stable release.
> > > The Security Team has already released an advisory for each of these
> > > updates. The security fixes of the kernel have been delayed to the next
> >
> > A link to the DSA index page would be nice.
>
> Why is a link to the DSA index page not sufficient?

?

I mean, a link inline with the text.

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

"die philosophie ist eine art rache an der wirklichkeit."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche