Re: Improving Debian's marketing

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 05:11:06PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> So I wont say it's a useless fight. But it surely needs dedication and a long
> breath. And I also dont really think, that a change away from WML will happen
> (in the closer future)...

I see that people are mentioning not changing away from WML all the
time, and it almost seems religious.

The main deal (AFAIK) with WML, and the big problem with alternatives,
is translation: I hear that the current setup has a very efficient
translation infrastructure and process set up, which would be very hard
to reimplement using a different system.  All the pages in the main
website are translated in a respectable number of languages.

In case someone is tempted with replacing WML with other systems,
translation using potfiles is a main requirement that should be taken
into consideration.

Ciao,

Enrico