Re: Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, the "Joel 'Espy' Klecker" release

Joey, I don't really mind that you went in and reworded parts of the press
release at the last minute, but did you have to add TYPOES!?

/me handes Joey ispell

Martin Schulze wrote:
> The Debian Project                                      press@debian.org
> http://www.debian.org/                                    Martin Schulze
> August 15th, 2000
>
> Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, the "Joel 'Espy' Klecker" release
>
> The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of the
> Debian GNU/Linux Operating System.  This release has been in
> development for approximately 18 months, and has been extensively
> tested by several thousand developers and end-users.
>
> Debian GNU/Linux is a free Linux system.  It is developed by roughly
> 500 voluntees from all over the world who collaborate via the
      volenteers
> Internet.  Debian's dedication to free software, its non-profit
> nature, and its open development model make it unique among Linux
> distributions.
>
> With the addition of the PowerPC and ARM architectures, Debian
> GNU/Linux now supports a total of six architectures -- more than any
> other distribution.  Packages for all architectures are built from the
> same source packages.  Debian GNU/Linux now runs on iMacs and
> Netwinders, and of course Intel PC's, Sun SPARCs, Alphas, and older
> Macintosh and Amiga hardware are still supported.

Er, my latest version had "continue to be fully supported" here.

Anyway, is someone getting something up on the website today?

--
see shy jo, who belives life is too short to spell-check, EXCEPT
            for release announcements.