Re: Third draft (was Re: we need a release announcement -- soon)

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:54:55AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>    o Better support for international users. Japanese support is
>      integrated into the core Debian archive, and other non-Latin
>      character encodings are also better supported through wider
>      internationalisation (I18N) support. European languages are
>      also better supported, with more and better translations to
>      more languages.

You might also want to mention better Chinese and Korean support too.
CJK support has improved greatly since slink.

If it is not too verbose, perhaps you could list all the supported
languages in the press release.  (How many?  14?  20?  30?) For
example, that's one of the points that XLinux and Mandrake boasted: the
extensive i18n/L10n support.  Somehow, I believe that Debian would be
no less universal than XLinux and Mandrake, simply because of the sheer
numbers of developers from just about every country in the world.  :-)

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada