Re: Press release

Make sure to include the astounding change in the number of packages from
Slink, and it might be a good idea to include a snapshot of the status of
the various ports as well.  One other thing is that you might want
to try to solicit blurbs from some of the Debian-based distros (Stormix,
for example) as kind of a "quid pro quo" for future mention in their press
releases.  If it were up to me, I'd also mention the new formats for
installation/upkeep of packages, like debconf and the changes in dpkg and
apt.  The year between slink and potato is going to come up, so we might
as well be the ones mentioning it first--something about "right now" being
oxymoronic or somesuch (this could also be used in explaining the "faux
freeze"). This is our chance to make a good first impression for potato,
so let's not blow it.