Re: Slide show?

Tough questions... I think we'll need to think about this a little.

In message <199905250414.OAA24727@murlibobo.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, Robert Graham
MERKEL
writes:
>Nils, I'd like to tackle putting together these slides.
>
>1) Precisely what level am I pitching these slides at?  Can I mention the
>word "kernel" without having to explain it, for instance?

I think two levels may be good- Joe Debian goes to talk to a LUG or similar
technical meeting where you can mention quite a few technical details (high
level, nothing too low level or specific probably) and then the Joe Debian
goes to talk to end users w/o much of a clue (i.e. more of a marketing level
presentation).

I don't think that there will be too much of a gap between the two so one or
the other should cover pretty much any 'generic' audience that people may
present to.

>2) Do you want notes to go with the slides, or will just slides do?

Notes are probably a good idea, as people can add to them over time, and
will have an easier time presenting the slides.  They'll also give ideas as
to what examples to mention, what tangents might be useful for some
audiences, etc.  I think notes are good.

>3) Does it matter if the slides are prepared using non-free software?

Not to me personally, but I'm sure it will to some people :)

>4) What format would you like them in?

I think some generic format would be good.  We need to be able to do the
following:
- slide presentations from a laptop
- print them for handouts and transparencies
- email them
- easily be able to edit/change them

So probably a PS or maybe Acrobat like format?  I really don't know, I'd ask
around what would work well for this sort of thing.

Anyone else have ideas/comments?

Nils.