Re: Translation Efforts

In reflecting on John's email, I fully agree.  Just do to the few strong
comments that I have made to a few of my friends, 3 of them have begun to
consider Debian as a viable alternative to RH.  One of my friends is a
Unix and Linux System Administrator and uses *exclusively* RH in his Linux
endeavors.  Another friend is a WinNT admin and has been wanting to port
over to Linux as his main server for some time now.  He has now found
himself debating on using Debian, as opposed to RH.  Further, the other
friend is a hardware tech and uses RH... until now.  I actually have him,
right now as we speak, installing Debian on his laptop to give it a whirl.

3 more 'converts', just from sharing one good experience!!!

And, I also agree that the website should take on a bit more "FLARE" -- it
makes the project look professional and 'fun', and exciting.  It gives the
impression (even though it can be a false one at times) that whomever is
running the boat of a particular web page, knows their stuff, therefore
their product must be hot and snappy.  While, I firmly believe that the
Debian team already produces this level of quality and technology, it
doesn't APPEAR so to the Debian-newbie.

BTW, I did get instructions on translating, and am currently trying to
help out in that arena.  While I am slower than the others on the team,
I find a lot of fun in helping, and encourage all other Debian users to
share their talents, when possible, to further the project.

~Brandon