advertising debian in Linux Journal

If we want Debian to get wider acceptance, we will have to
eventually take the plunge and buy some advertising.
I feel that time is now.

We should have the funds to buy space in LJ.

If the people on debian-publicity feel this is a good idea,
I could make some inquiries into the cost. As we have had offers
of donation of graphical services before (related to the logo)
we could probably have a professional ad made for free.

If the cost is acceptable and we have a good ad, we should be
able to sell this idea to the rest of the developers.

Jay Treacy