Re: Regarding Official Logo Selection

The "voting" got nowhere with no clear winner after each round of votes.  If
left to continue, I doubt any sort of decision would ever be reached.   As
Christian pointed out, the feedback comments were all but ignored resulting in
little progress between successive rounds of voting.  I am glad Bruce took the
initiative and made a decision.

Max Bell wrote:

> I am very disappointed with the recently declared "Official Logo".  It did
> not win the vote and was not even popular enough to appear on any of the
> recent logo voting pages.  On the last logo page where it did appear (v9),
> 67% of voters thought it was "bad" and I agree strongly.  In constrast,
> the logo that did win the vote (eb07 @ 683) was rated as "good" by 68% of
> voters and I very strongly agree.  It won because it was the best, and it
> should have been used.  If votes are going to be discarded at the whim of
> the Debian elite, don't bother having the elections.
>
> Max
> mbell@pobox.com
>
> --

Samuel Wu