DRAFT: Debian 2.0 "Hamm" Released

OK, proofread and comment please.  I'm looking to flesh out the 'what is
contains' section especially.  I'd also like to be somewhat consistent with
the LJ ad we're working on (http://www.novare.net/~ean/debads/debian-ad.ps).
 Release time is Friday July 24, 0:00 GMT I believe, so please comment soon.
 I took s a little fro Brian's beta announcement as well.

Thanks,
Nils.

 Debian GNU/Linux
 http://www.debian.org
 Debian 2.0 "Hamm" Released
 July 24, 1998

>> News

Debian 2.0 'Hamm' has officially been released for the i386 and m68k
architectures.

It can be obtained in several ways:

FTP:    ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/
CD_ROM: See http://www.debian.org/distrib/vendors for s list of distributors

Debian development distributions for Alpha, Sparc, and PowerPC are also
available under the "unstable" tree from the FTP site.  They will likely be
released with Debian 2.1 'Slink.'

Debian 2.0 marks the move from the older libc5 to the newer libc6.  It
contains over 2000 precompiled binary packages contributed from over 300
developers, including all the favorites: web servers, GIMP, gcc, egcs,
XFree86, SQL servers and many other tools and utilities.

Debian's powerful package maknager 'dpkg' allows for easy installation and
management of packages.  Pakages from other distributions can easily be
installed using the 'alien' utility.

>> About Debian

Debian GNU/Linux is a free distribution of the Linux operating system. It is
maintained and updated through the work of many users who volunteer their
time and effort.

For further information, please send email to press@debian.org or visit the
Debian homepage at http://www.debian.org.