Re: Regarding Official Logo Selection

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Max Bell wrote:

> I am very disappointed with the recently declared "Official Logo".  It
> did not win the vote and was not even popular enough to appear on any of
> the recent logo voting pages.  On the last logo page where it did appear
> (v9), 67% of voters thought it was "bad" and I agree strongly.  In
> constrast, the logo that did win the vote (eb07 @ 683) was rated as
> "good" by 68% of voters and I very strongly agree.  It won because it
> was the best, and it should have been used.  If votes are going to be
> discarded at the whim of the Debian elite, don't bother having the
> elections.

Which "vote" are you talking about? _I_ am very disappointed that so many
people fail to see that the "feedback pages" have not been used for
"ranking" or "voting", but to give the logo designers feedback about how
to improve their logos.

As you can see from the results, a lot of the "voters" didn't know the
difference between a "logo" and a "CD cover".

If people still fail to see the exact intention of the "feedback pages",
I'll remove them and just make a page which lists all logos without any
order. We've made the decision out of _all_ logos, not because of a
"ranking".

Hope this clarifies our decision,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/