Re: Donate to Debian using LiberaPay ?

On 2024-04-17 03:13:56 +0000 (+0000), Felipe Maia wrote:
[...]
> I would recommend that you forward your inquire regarding
> LiberaPay to SPI. They might be able to add it as an option for
> receiving donations.
[...]

The most expedient route is probably to send the request to
treasurer@spi-inc.org with as many details as seem relevant. This
will autocreate an RT ticket in SPI's treasurer queue so we don't
lose track of it.

I brought this topic up in the #spi IRC channel yesterday after I
saw the initial request here on debian-project, and the good news is
this seems like it ought to be reasonably straightforward. Battle
for Wesnoth (another SPI associated project) already has a LiberaPay
account, donations to which are collected by SPI on their behalf, so
something similar could in theory be set up for Debian.

One of the directors who assists with treasurer duties tried to look
into details of their service offerings, but was unable to load the
LiberaPay site at all. It seems they probably block access from
various parts of the World, which is sadly not all that uncommon.
Due to the global nature of the Debian/SPI communities contrasted
with the decidedly non-global behavior of many payment and donation
sites, these sorts of requests are often more challenging to resolve
than they should be, so patience is recommended.
--
Jeremy Stanley, SPI Board of Directors