Re: [RFC] Extending project standards to services linked through Vcs-*

Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> writes:

> I would really like that all packaging is *available* on Salsa, even if it is
> just in readonly 'mode'. Some don't have any Vcs repo listed and that makes
> contributing much harder then needed.
>
> I'm fine if maintainers don't want to deal with Salsa MRs, even though I find it
> convenient. But knowing *how* contributions can be made would be welcome.
> So something like  a "Patch-submission" field (in debian/control) seems useful.

I have a project currently hosted off salsa. I'm willing to have
read-only mirror, but I'm not willing to put much effort in to it.
Maybe someone(TM) should take on the task of mirroring, in some way that
makes it clear this is not a place to send MRs. In a small way, that
could be a technical (partial) solution to a social problem. It could
even be automated based on Vcs-Git urls.