Re: Libc6 Usage Question

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 06:29:11PM -0400, Alexis E wrote:
> Dear Debian Mailing List,
>     I am working on a project which requires libc6. When I build this
> project on my laptop, the project works fine as it builds for the libc6 on
> my laptop, however, when I build it in Github actions, the project fails to
> run, due to Debian not having a libc6 version as low as GLibC 2.32.
If you want to support running on stable consider building on stable. You
may want to consult Github actions documentation to see if it's possible
and how to do that.
Please also note that the user support list is debian-user@.

> I've
> tried to compile my project to musl, statically, and even just embedding
> the correct version of libc6 in the lib folder that I set my rpath to. I've
> either had segfaults or failed builds. I would like to ask how I can either
> support an older version of libc6 or upgrade any customers' systems to the
> correct version. I'd also happily accept not requiring libc6 at all.
Out of all of these options building on an older system sounds the best
and the easiest.