Re: New Contributor Interested in Joining the Debian Project

Hi Rupesh,

On 13/01/23 11:16, Rupesh Dubey wrote:
Dear Debian Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Rupesh and I am new to the
open source community. I am currently learning Python and I am excited to
start contributing to open source projects.

I came across Debian OS and I am impressed by the work that you all do. I
would love to learn more about the project and how I can get involved.

Could you please provide me with some information on how to get started?
Are there any specific areas of the project that are in need of
contributions? Are there any resources or guides that would be helpful for
a new contributor like myself?

Yes, there are guides. You can start here https://www.debian.org/devel/join/.

If you are from India, you can also get involved with the Debian India team https://debian.org.in/. There is a two-day conference scheduled on 28th and 29th Jan 2023 in Tamil Nadu which you can attend. I think that is a very good way of knowing how to contribute. You also get to meet people from the Debian community. See https://tn23.mini.debconf.org/. Last date to register is 20 Jan 2023.

I am eager to learn and contribute to the Debian community and I would
appreciate any guidance and support you can provide.

Best regards,
Rupesh Dubey

--
Ravi Dwivedi