Re: Need to run script, but blocked out of packages.debian.org

Il Lun 19 Dic 2022, 20:48 Nicholas Hubbard <nicholashubbard@posteo.net> ha scritto:
Hey, I wrote a script to download the .debian.tar.xz file for every
package on packages.debian.org. I was running the script and all of a
sudden it stopped working, and I am now unable to access
packages.debian.org from my home IP. It seems that I got (rightfully)
flagged as a bot. I was wondering if there was anyway somebody could
make an exception for me so I can run my script without getting blocked
out. I only need to run the script once. I would be happy to share the
exact code I am running, and would be fine scheduling the script to run
at a low-traffic time of day.

Hi Nicholas,

 wait that the block ends and then limit the number of pararell connections this will not block you or at least the block will last less than one minute, supposing that is server is configured in a reasonable way.

 In this file, you will find an example of limitations on 8 downloading processes in parallel

https://github.com/robang74/tinycore-editor/blob/main/tinycore/provides/tcmkdepsdb.sh

Best regards, R-