Re: Need to run script, but blocked out of packages.debian.org

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Hubbard, on 2022-12-19:
> Hey, I wrote a script to download the .debian.tar.xz file for every
> package on packages.debian.org.

You sound like you would like to build a mirror (or sort of) of
Debian source code.  Please kindly lookup the documentation on
setting up a mirror[1], you will find information as of whether
this makes sense for your use case, and methods to get archives
without hammering web front-ends.

[1]: https://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

> I was running the script and all of a
> sudden it stopped working, and I am now unable to access
> packages.debian.org from my home IP. It seems that I got (rightfully)
> flagged as a bot. I was wondering if there was anyway somebody could
> make an exception for me so I can run my script without getting blocked
> out. I only need to run the script once. I would be happy to share the
> exact code I am running, and would be fine scheduling the script to run
> at a low-traffic time of day.

There's always some place where the sun shines.  But if your
concerned about using low-traffic time of day, you can get the
.debian.tar.xz files from your nearest public repository, which
may have low-ish traffic early in your morning.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da