Re: Freedom in Debian

On Wed, 2022-05-18 at 01:01 +0000, Wojciech Lipinski wrote:
Dear Debian Project Team,

Personally, I am considering applying to join your project to help with
Debian activities related to development and scientific computing using
Modern Fortran based on my background in engineering sciences.

Indeed, nowadays fortran is usually found in scientific computing
programs. And in my impression debian science team should be
the team which has a large number of fortran packages, including
BLAS and LAPACK.

Debian Science team always lack of enough volunteers.
Please check this page to grasp a basic idea on what the team is maintaining:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=debian-science-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org

That said, some specific science software are not included,
but were split to debian math team, debian med team, debian
deep learning team, etc.

Mentors is a good place for new contributors
https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/