Re: Questions around Justice and Our Current CoC procedures

Felix...

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 07:25:46AM -0800, Felix Lechner wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 10:43 PM Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> Or, let me put this another way: one of the fears that I've seen expressed
>> around warnings is that it's a permanent record sort of thing, or it
>> starts a file on someone, or otherwise creates a presumption of future bad
>> behavior.  [...] This bothers me a lot.  I think
>> this perception is very harmful to the project because it creates
>> excessive shame and anger and fear, which can be quite counterproductive
>> in attempting to just get someone to shift their behavior.
>
>Okay, so now you are saying I am being "very harmful to the project
>because [my perception] creates excessive shame and anger and fear"?

This is getting worrying. Russ expressed sympathy about the bad
effects that warnings could have on people, and you've somehow
misinterpreted that as a direct attack on you.

Either you're playing this up willfully, or you have a genuine problem
understanding that *not* all such discussions are attacks targeting
you. Right now I can't tell which is more likely.

Please *stop* and think about what you're saying and doing here.

The two hard things in computing:
 * naming things
 * cache invalidation
 * off-by-one errors                  -- Stig Sandbeck Mathisen