Re: Debian AWS AMI Images - Can't access 20+ servers...

(moving to debian-cloud@lists.d.o)

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 09:26:02AM -0700, Eric Stone wrote:
> I have a problem on AWS, where I have about 20 servers that I cannot access
> because I cannot re-subscribe to the AMI.

I don't quite follow - once a VM is launched, access to the VM should be
separate from access to the marketplace image.

> The issue is the AMI - I can not re-subscribe to the marketplace image.
>
> AMI:    ami-00424db9a7a4b343b
>
> PROBLEM:   In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept
> terms and subscribe. To do so please visit
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=55q52qvgjfpdj2fpfy9mb1lo4
>
> I need to be subscribed, can you please help?

Since that image is deprecated, you probably cannot subscribe.  Perhaps
AWS support could override that, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

You can still use the underlying AMI without the marketplace.  You can
either use the EC2 DescribeImages API or look up the right ID with the
architecture & region here:
  https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image/Stretch

> Who runs the Amazon / AWS / Relationship??????

debian-cloud@lists.debian.org is the list for the cloud team.  We have a
wiki with more info at https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/ .

Ross