Re: Debian AWS AMI Images - Can't access 20+ servers...

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 09:26:02AM -0700, Eric Stone wrote:
> Hello Debian,

Hi Eric,

> I have a problem on AWS, where I have about 20 servers that I cannot access
> because I cannot re-subscribe to the AMI.
>
> The issue is the AMI - I can not re-subscribe to the marketplace image.
>
> AMI:    ami-00424db9a7a4b343b
>
> PROBLEM:   In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept
> terms and subscribe. To do so please visit
> https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=55q52qvgjfpdj2fpfy9mb1lo4
>
> Amazon Account ID:  412380406902

Debian 9 is fairly old now and may no longer be supported.
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results?searchTerms=Debian
shows images for Debian 10 and Debian 11.

If you're having difficulties with Amazon AWS, I suggest you contact
Amazon customer support for AWS rather than the Debian Project itself.

If the issue is how Amazon AMIs are built, then it may be that the
debian-cloud team can provide details of what they provide to Amazon.

Hope this helps,

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater