Re: Error on the website on support of version

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:18:36PM +0200, Laetitia PASQUET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The page here : https://wiki.debian.org/fr/LTS on your website is not
> uptodate with the version of support for exemple with debian 11 which is
> mentioned with futur version.
>
> Could you update the page please ?
>
> Cordialement,
>
> Laetitia Pasquet
> Architecte solution

Hi Laetitia,

I think you may have the wrong impression here. Debian is not the same as other Debian derived distributions where the Long Term Support version is supported
for five years.

Debian is released approximately every two years. Each release is supported
by the main Debian project for up to one year after the next release is made.
The current stable release is Debian 11 with code name Bullseye.

This was first released in 2022 so will be supported up until at least 2024.
(We anticipate the release of Debian 12 sometime in 2023).

At that point, Debian 11 will move to be supported by the LTS team and
they will support it for another two years or so, before passing it to the
ELTS team. They provide commercial support for a subset of packages within
that release at that stage.

Because Debian 11 is still the stable version - and currently supported by
the main Debian project - it is not yet Debian LTS. Debian LTS is currently
Debian 10

https://www.debian.org/releases/index.fr.html vous l'explique, je crois :)

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater