Re: We need to define a path for Debian to climate neutrality

Le Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 06:49:59AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:36:34AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > Other early steps should include establishing a sub-project/group to
> > coordinate discussion and actions around the issue.
>
> I still think this. Perhaps starting with a dedicated mailing list;
> debian-sustainability or debian-climate or debian-?

Hi Jonathan,

I think that such a list could be very useful and I would join it,
hoping that eventually I will learn or acheive something that will
help to reduce the environmental footprint of my research center.

Just to clarify, in your opinion would each of the following topics be
appropriate on this list ?

 - Reducing the environmental footprint of the Debian project.
 - Reducing the environmental footprint of systems running Debian.
 - Using Debian to reduce the environmental footprint of individual or
   societies.

If the answer is no, I would recommend to pick a name that clearly hints
to the preferred topic.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med