Re: Fwd: Are users of Debian software members of the Debian community?

On 9/16/22 6:01 AM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 09:51:03PM -0400, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> > On 9/15/22 8:33 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > Or maybe the problem is that you want to be able to tell people what to
> > > do, but you don't want to have to pay them?  If so, uh, good luck with
> > > that!
> > >

> > I am sorry you misunderstand me. Please stop putting words in
> > my mouth. Let me speak for myself. I don't need you to tell me
> > what I think about Debian. I know what I think about Debian.
> > You obviously do not.
>
> Russ does have point though in that if you don't like something in
> Debian, there are really only two things you can do to fix that
> situation for yourself:
>
> - Get involved as a contributor, and help out fixing the problems that
>   exist
> - Stop using Debian, and use something else.

Are those the only two possible ways to respond to the current
situation at Debian? I can think of other ways. Am I not free to
continue to use Debian because I think it is very good though
not exactly what I want it to be? And am I not free to continue to
use Debian even if I cannot convince the maintainers to fix every
single Debian bug I experience? Debian is amazing, it has a unique
place in the free software world. I expect to be a Debian user for the
foreseeable future.

Best regards,

Chuck