Re: Chromium on Debian 11

phil995511 - - 17.04.22, 14:17:11 CEST:
> My post is trying to bring your attention to a major issue, nothing
> more, if you're too tired take a vacation, but respect my request and
> make sure to fix issues of Chromium on Debian Stable updates that
> aren't sufficient as it is.

There is nothing wrong with pointing that out. And I think you have a
valid point here.

But the way you did… was not really appropriate or helpful.

> I would have tried to make you aware of it, I will not do it again x
> times, I will simply migrate to another OS if you remain in this
> situation or the apps such as Chromium are not seriously updated
> enough, which I do not don't find it satisfactory, like a lot of
> other Linux users. Afterwards, if you need help to do the job, you
[…]

It is perfectly your choice to migrate to another OS.

But I wonder where you take the authority from to speak about a lot of
Linux users. Do you have anything to back up your claim?

For example I am not effected at all as I am using Devuan Ceres, which is
based on Debian Sid, for desktop machines. And I do not care all that
much about Chromium anyway as Firefox is my main browser.

Anyway, someone needs to do the additional work. For free. So I really
ask you to reconsider whether your tone is helpful here. If I would be
one of the developers in charge, when confronted with such a tone, I
would probably just think: "Yeah, then just migrate to another OS. I
don't care." And that not cause I would not care about the security
issue you pointed out.

--
Martin