Re: Chromium on Debian 11

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 9:17 AM phil995511 - <phil995511@gmail.com> wrote:

> You know Marc, if you respond badly to people for a reason that is yours, don't be surprised if they show their displeasure in one way or another.
>
> My post is trying to bring your attention to a major issue, nothing more, if you're too tired take a vacation, but respect my request and make sure to fix issues of Chromium on Debian Stable updates that aren't sufficient as it is.
>
> I've never been told the remark you echo, and anyway I don't have problems, it's Chromium in its state in the Stable branch which will potentially pose a very big security problem for all those who use it.
>
> My style is that of google translate...He is as he is...
>
> Your patches come out 1/2 month too late in Debian Stable, it makes your work in Debian Stable useless and I doubt you have many users using a Debian Experimental based distribution... Now if you don't want to questioning yourself and your volunteer working group to bring more security to Debian Stable and its users, you are unwittingly scuttling the entire Debian project and pushing people to switch to, for example, ArchLinux.
>
> I would have tried to make you aware of it, I will not do it again x times, I will simply migrate to another OS if you remain in this situation or the apps such as Chromium are not seriously updated enough, which I do not don't find it satisfactory, like a lot of other Linux users. Afterwards, if you need help to do the job, you have to ask for it instead and always try to do better rather than leave things as they are...
>
> Regards.
>
> Le dim. 17 avr. 2022 à 14:13, Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de> a écrit :
>>
>> phil995511 - - 17.04.22, 13:18:25 CEST:
>>
>> I replied off list for a reason.
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> --
>> Martin

Updates for the stable branch are updated after the point release and for
security updates there are security.debian.org and bullseye-security. And
you can subscribe to the list if you want from debian-security.
In the case of Chromium, it is up to date with security updates and there is
no reason for its protests.

--
Cheers,
Leandro Cunha