Re: A quiet reminder: please be considerate.

Brian Thompson <brt9023@gmail.com> writes:

> The biggest problem of moderating troll posts is that the definition of
> trolling varies broadly across individuals.

Agreed, and the moderation of debian-project is very sensitive to that.
We're addressing this by erring on the side of approval and only rejecting
the messages where there's essentially unanimous agreement.  In practice,
this has only been spam (95% of what's been rejected), direct and obvious
personal attacks along the lines of the reason why we put the moderation
in place originally, and a very small handful of messages that were so
incoherent and off-topic that we couldn't make heads or tails of them (and
were probably actually spam).

This is all done somewhat ad hoc since we don't have moderation software
that lets us implement this more mechanically, but in practice it seems to
have worked.

I have also checked all messages to the moderation queue since March 11th
and can't find any messages from Norbert, so whatever is going on there
seems to be happening upstream of moderation.