Re: How about using moderation as a delay system for bad threads?

Hi,

(adding listmaster to Cc: as I don't know how flexible our mailing list software would be)

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022, at 00:10, Charles Plessy wrote:
> How about we make that a feature and introduce a delay of a couple of
> hours between all messages in threads like this one ?

The OSM foundation seems to have a feature in its mailing list software, where, in contentious situations (e.g. during board elections campaigning periods), posters are throttled to one message every 24 hours.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2021-December/008248.html

At the time, it seemed to me like an interesting idea that we could be experimenting with to keep flamewars somewhat more contained.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont