Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 04:14:35PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> The fact is, Norbert's DD status has been removed, he's no longer a Debian
> Developer, he no longer has a @debian.org email address, he no longer has
> voting rights within the project, etc. It's not a time-limited removal
> (despite Adam's assertion that it's a temporary ban).

Oh, I somehow had the impression Norbert's demotion is limited to 6 months.
Thanks for the clarification.  This means, action is required.

But, despite every second we delay causing Norbert to spend another second
with greatly lessened capacity to contribute, I think at least I need a
slight timeout.  After reading XXXXX[1]'s audacity to continue to attack
Norbert, using a specific argument that affects me personally, I found
myself unable to type a response without literally gnashing.  This is not
conductive to being civil.

> And, as I've stated before, we're not going to allow him to continue to
> either attack the project or its members, especially using the project's
> infrastructure doing so.

But somehow attacks on other people, and even entire countries, using the
project's infrastructure, are allowed, depending on who the attacking person
is.  And violators get headpats from the very people involved in booting
Norbert.

I think the split line is pretty obvious.

But let's take a break, and close this particular thread.

Meow!

[1]. Withheld as it's not -private.
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Ash nazg durbatulûk,