Re: Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

Ingo Jürgensmann left as an exercise for the reader:
> I see many old DDs became inactive or stepped down as a DD in
> the past years, yet not many new DDs joining or being as
> active as the old DDs been in the past

for whatever it's worth, two proto-DDs are waiting on final
DAM keyring addition--wait, no, they both completed the process
since this morning [0][1].

i can only speak for one of them, but i've watched debian for
twenty years now, and find it just as romantic and as necessary
in 2022 as it was in 2000. if i didn't think so, i wouldn't have
gone through the NM process. if i didn't have plans for its
future, and didn't believe it possible to see real change
effected in this most legendary of distros, i wouldn't be as
proud to become a DD today as i am.

the existence or non- of a coc had no impact on my desire to
join. the dream of radically changing the installer[2] seen by
millions of people did. anecdotal, of course, but there you go.

--hack on, nick

[0] https://nm.debian.org/process/934/
[1] https://nm.debian.org/process/976/
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2021/09/msg00344.html