Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

On 22/03/2022 23:37, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
>> Can we delete him from planet?
>
> Meh. If you want to do so, be my guest, but I fear this would be seen a
> bit badly compared to the "gain" you expect from it.

I saw this message yesterday, and left me thinking how nobody seems too concerned with how Preining's actions have impacted and continue to impact members of this project.

Not only he has sustained a campaign against me and other people, he seems to enjoy "naming and shaming" me to the point where last week I found myself with a (thankfully small) amount of hatemail in my inbox, because my name was again in Slashdot's front page, thanks to an "interview"[1] that "journalist" Sam Varghese did with him.

This is a very common tactic you see every day on Twitter and other social media: publicly naming targets in a deniable way, so their followers start a pile-on until the victim breaks. This is the kind of tactics he is still using, and that the usual regressive crowd keep defending in this thread.

These are the kind of things I viscerally reacted against a while ago. Reactions that caused official bodies of the project to formally reprimand me (just months after the same people had pushed me out of the CT for being too radical or something).

It is funny (not) to see the person I called an asshole back then -for stating publicly that he chooses to intentionally misgender transgender people- is still having opinions in this thread. It is all very polite, of course; after all, nobody really cares about the people who get hurt.

Debian keeps showing for anybody to see that as long as you keep your tone down, you will be allowed to bully, harass, and generally make others miserable; that nobody cares enough to stop it.

[1]: https://itwire.com/business-it-news/open-source/debian-developer-demoted,-quits-after-two-decades-with-project.html

--
Martina Ferrari (Tina)