Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

Hello,

On 23.03.22 15:44, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 02:51:10PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 08:38:02AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
Can we delete him from planet?

Any DD can do that... oh wait that includes me... done!

I went bold and reverted this removal; the detailed reason why and the
Planet rules I believe Jonathan has breached are in the commit message.

I'm not going to play commit ping pong, but why do you think it is
appropriate to continue to have someone on Planet Debian whom we have
banned from the project, and whose appeal for that ban was rejected?

Honestly, I was surprised to learn he still *was* on Planet. I don't
think it makes any sense at all to keep people on Planet Debian who we
threw out for cause.

Exactly. Thank you for pointing it out.

Banned from the project != emeritus ;
	ergo should not be able to use project resources, project
        outreach, be part of the project community.

On a sidenote, I would like to urge the people who did so in this thread to stop using the word "toxic" to describe that someone is being called out for bullying, abusive behavior, discriminatory, or (passive-)agressive remarks. This is victim reversal.

Take care,
Ulrike