Re: Questions around Justice and Our Current CoC procedures

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 8:29 AM Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> This is getting worrying. Russ expressed sympathy about the bad
> effects that warnings could have on people, and you've somehow
> misinterpreted that as a direct attack on you.

Thank you, but despite your condescending tone I retain the right to
interpret who expresses sympathy for me, and who does not.

In this discussion, Russ sought to minimize the effect of warnings.
That denied the effect it had on me. It was the opposite of
empathy—and by extension sympathy.

> Either you're playing this up willfully, or you have a genuine problem
> understanding that *not* all such discussions are attacks targeting
> you. Right now I can't tell which is more likely.

I do not appreciate your style here, either. In fact, I find you
excessively personal and intimidating. Please note that you have
occupied many roles in Debian, and continue to occupy a role [1] that
gives you disciplinary power over me.

> Please *stop* and think about what you're saying and doing here.

Thank you, but despite your insinuations of my incompetence, I am
qualified to express a mature and educated perspective.

I am 49-year old married man with a family. In school, had seven years
of Latin, two years of Ancient Greek, won a scholarship from the
German President Richard von Weizsäcker and graduated from Harvard
University. In addition to my business endeavors, I serve in my ninth
year in public service (as a library commissioner). I have lived in
five countries, including China and two years in what might be your
native Britain. Please afford me the same capacity that you grant to
yourself. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Community