Re: forums.debian.net - who's in charge?

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 6:33 AM Steve McIntyre <93sam@debian.org> wrote:

> If not, maybe we should
> shut it down or remove the DNS records for it rather than pretend it's
> a good/safe place for our users.

Seems like a reasonably popular service, although I never use it:

> In total there are 243 users online :: 1 registered, 3 hidden and 239 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
> Most users ever online was 1682 on 2020-10-25 15:07
> Total posts 661763 • Total topics 96852 • Total members 47016

The aggregate numbers seem to cover 17 years or so, for about one
hundred posts per day.

All the posts I saw were technical in nature. What's unsafe about it, please?

Kind regards
Felix Lechner