Re: [External] Re: Debian and fingerprint readers

On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 06:24:49PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

[...]

> If it is instead installed by hardware detection (through
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/hw-detect), then it will be
> installed on all systems that have a fingerprint reader (and which don't
> have it disabled in the BIOS, which you should do at any rate if you're
> not interested in using it) [...]

So the fingerprint reader has to be present at install time. Those
buying a reader after install (there /are/ external USB FP readers)
are recommended to re-install Debian ;-P

Of course, this is meant tongue-in-cheek: I just wanted to shed
light into that wrinkle.

Surely there is some "canonical" way of dealing with "oh, this shiny
piece of hardware has just appeared; what do you want to do with
it?".

Cheers
 - t