Re: Mailing List Suggestion

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 05:21:47PM -0400, Kurt Meyer wrote:
> I realize that there is the New Packages in "Sid" page, but a mailing list would be more convenient in my opinion.

For the benefit of others, the hinted at page is:
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/newpkg

It also exists for other suites, like backports:
https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/newpkg

You can subscribe to these pages via RSS. So if you are dead set on mail
you could set up an "RSS to mail" bridge, there are various included in
Debian, but be warned that occasionally e.g. a new linux kernel will
drown you in mails then.

A lot easier to ignore (or even filter) those in your preferred RSS
client (a multitude of those are included in Debian as well) – at least
in my opinion (newsboat ftw!).

Another interesting RSS feed for the opposite direction (= packages
leaving Debian) is provided by the FTP masters btw:
https://ftp-master.debian.org/rss/removals.rss
(They also have some for in and out of NEW btw²)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies